Our "free stuff" guidelines
Usually we purchase the items and services we review, but occasionally we’ve been asked by makers, providers, restaurateurs, event coordinators etc. if they can give us free samples/services/meals/tickets to review, or invite us to a meal or event. The answer is absolutely yes, please as long as they meet the following guidelines:
- You must be a business located in Rhode Island.
- Any item must be legal for sale in Rhode Island.
- Our household has the following food allergies/intolerances and can't accept samples containing these ingredients: Orange, banana, wintergreen.
- We love animals, but are only able to review pet products for cats or parakeets.
- You must be willing to accept that we will do an honest review, and point out both the strengths and weaknesses of your product/service, etc. and whether we like it. While we love and appreciate free stuff, we won't sacrifice the trust of our readers for it.
- If we absolutely do not like your product, we will contact you privately to let you know, rather than posting a fully negative review.
- Product/service reviews are limited to a maximum of one per week, and publish in the order they're completed (that is, in the order that the product is received, or service is rendered).
- Restaurant reviews are limited to a maximum of one per week, in the order they are attended.
- In the case of tickets to events, we publish an event announcement beforehand and a review afterward, if we're able to attend.
- Non-profit and free events will have announcements posted as space permits, upon request.
If all of the above are fine, please contact us at email@example.com.