Pawtucket Armory Arts Center
172 Exchange Street – Pawtucket, RI
November 2 - 4, 2012
Friday 10 pm – 6 pm
Saturday 10 am – 6 pm
Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
Tickets: Adult one day $10, any two days $15, children under 12 free
THE FINAL COUNTDOWN – 12 REASONS YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THE
17TH ANNUAL PROVIDENCE FINE FURNISHINGS SHOW
PROVIDENCE, RI (October 11, 2011) – KL Communications shares the top ten reasons to attend the 17th Annual Providence Fine Furnishings Show – the only furniture show in New England that features craftsmen (students to seasoned professionals) from throughout the United States.
1. Enjoy the new location at the newly renovated Pawtucket Armory Arts Center and food provided by the RISD food truck – Rosie’s: Eats to Go.
2. Win great door prizes – Who doesn’t like to win something? This year several of the exhibitors have donated one-of-a-kind creations. The Grand Prize is a Big Smile Red Rolling Owl Stool with a Walnut seat by Geoffrey Warner valued at $375. Everyone gets a chance to win!
3. See all of the furniture possibilities - over 75% of the exhibitors are furniture makers with work ranging from traditional to very modern.
4. Meet exhibitors who are alumni from the furniture and jewelry programs at the North Bennet Street School in Boston and hear more about their programs.
5. Enjoy NEW product debuts – be the first to see work fresh out of the studios and workshops.
6. Join us Friday for the Best in Show Awards – celebrate with us as we award excellence in design & craftsmanship including awards for the Best New Product Debut. The 2012 Best in Show judges are Gail Fredell, a master furniture maker and professor at RISD; Mary Beth Haggerty, a Boston-area interior designer and incoming President of the New England Chapter of ASID; and James Hall, Director of the Providence Preservation Society.
7. Learn about “tree-cycling” at it’s finest with exhibitors who have transformed fallen, diseased, or other trees into furniture and accessories. Instead of finding its way to a dumpster or chipper, this valuable resource that has been given a new life. Each tree is unique which makes each product truly custom.
8. Watch demonstrations by the exhibitors to learn more about the furniture making process.
9. Explore the latest innovations in furniture and accessories from secret drawers for valuables, to hidden flat screen TV storage, tables with self-storing leaves and more.
10. Buy one-of-kind pieces in wood, mixed media, metal and glass to complete any room in your home.
11. Shop til you drop. Gift-giving season is just around the corner. Cash and carry items will help you get a head start on your shopping list…or treat yourself to something special--Lamps, rugs, floor clothes, mirrors, paintings, photography, table runners and more.
12. Okay…one more thing. See the true meaning of Made in America. Support these local, regional, and national craftsmen.
New exhibitors, new product debuts, beautiful hand-crafted door prizes…come check it out! Have fun, learn a thing or two, and think about the perfect piece for your next home project!